Looking for some inspiration for brunch? Skip the takeout and try making this Quiche with Mushrooms!
This eggless quiche is a filling meal that will leave everyone satisfied. Made with Cashews, Mushrooms and Tofu, its a delicious dish to serve at dinner, brunch or special dates.
Serving: 1 Quiche
Cuisine: Vegan; Sugar-free
- ½ cup Raw Cashews
- 1 cup Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Unmodified Potato Starch
- 1-3 tbsp Fresh Water
- Salt to taste
- 1 and ½ cup Organic Firm Tofu
- 1 cup Oyster Mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup Crimini Mushroom (sliced)
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets (chopped)
- ½ cup Leeks (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Unmodified Potato Starch
- Fresh Thyme to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Start by making the dough: combine all dry ingredients (cashews, sprouted rolled oats, potato starch and salt) in a high speed food processor and blend until you have a well combined mixture that looks like flour. Then add the olive oil and blend for another minute. 3.Afterwards, one at a time, add 1 to 3 tablespoons of fresh water to the mixture until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Shape the dough in a 8-inch rounded baking pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until it looks a bit firm. Once ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Now make the filling: warm up a nonstick frying pan with olive oil and add the mushrooms, leeks and broccoli florets.
- Meanwhile, blend the tofu in a blender until it turns into a paste.
- Once the mushrooms are golden-brown and the broccoli florets have softened, add the tofu paste, salt and thyme.
- Once you have a creamy mixture, turn off the heat and add the potato starch. Mix it well.
- Pour the filling mixture into the baked dough and decorate with mushrooms.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until golden-brown. Serve it warm and enjoy!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM BOTANICA ORIGINS WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK!