Raw Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Servings: 12 | Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free
- 2 cups of mixed Raw Cashews and Raw Brazil Nuts (best if soaked overnight, but soaking in warm water for 10 minutes will do as well!)
- 2 tbsp Cashew Butter
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, pitted
- Pulse pitted dates & nuts in a food processor until they’re in small pieces. Add the cashew butter and blend it again.
- Add the Cacao Powder with a pinch of salt to the mixture and blend it until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
- Now press the dough into an 8×8 or 9×5 inch pan, and to set, pop in fridge or freezer for 20 minutes.
- While the base dough is chilling, make the ganache frosting.
- Combine together equal parts of Cacao Powder, Melted Coconut Oil, Maple Syrup, and Cashew Butter.
- Once ready, pour it over the base layer and place it in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the frosting to set.
- Sprinkle some extra nuts and sea salt on the top and that's it!
- Store it in the freezer. In a well-sealed container, they'll last for up to 2 weeks.