Servings: 6 | Vegan, Gluten-Free
- ½ cup Plant Based Milk
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Medium Avocados, mashed
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Peanut or Almond Butter
- 2 cups Rolled Oats (try sprouted!)
- ¼ cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
For the avocado mousse frosting
- 2 Avocados
- ½ cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Plant Based Milk
- Cacao Nibs (to sprinkle)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and apple cider vinegar. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Add mashed avocado, maple syrup, vanilla, and nut butter. Whisk until combined.
- Add oats, cacao powder, espresso powder, baking powder, soda, and salt. Use a spatula to combine until a thick batter forms. Fold in dark chocolate chunks.
- Fill each muffin liner until almost full.
- Bake for 28 minutes. Allow cooling in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- While the muffins are cooling, prepare the frosting. In a high-speed blend, add all frosting ingredients. Blend until creamy, adjusting sweetness as needed (add a tbsp more maple syrup if desired).
- Frost muffins once cooled. Sprinkle with cacao nibs.