Crispy apple crumble is a no-fuss favorite that works well for breakfast or dessert (especially if you top it with some ice cream)!
We've powered up an everyday favorite with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. And if you think this can't get better, this recipe is easier to make than pie, but just as delicious and more nutritious!
While Baru Nuts are perfect to be eaten as a snack, they add a special crunchy-nutty touch to the apple crumble, creating a delightful textural contrast between topping and tender fruit. So if you have a surplus of apples in your house, we hope you try this apple crumble recipe!
Serving: 1 Mason Jar
Cuisine: Vegan; Gluten-free;
- 2 Granny Smith or Gala Apples (sliced)
- 3 tbsp Turbinado Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- ¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Sourdough Bread (crumbled)
- ¼ cup Roasted Baru Nuts (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add the apples, 1 tbsp turbinado sugar, 1/4 tsp coconut oil, and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon. Stir occasionally and turn off the heat when the apples have softened. Set aside.
- Combine the crumble ingredients (2 cups bread, 1/4 cup roasted baru nuts, 2 tbsp turbinado sugar, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon) in a bowl.
- Add parchment paper to a medium sized non stick baking pan and pour the crumble in.
- Add it to the oven and bake for approximately 15-25 minutes until golden. When the crumble is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Add the seasoned apples to a serving bowl and top it with the crumble. Enjoy!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM BOTANICA ORIGINS WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK!