Cuisine: Vegan; Gluten-free; Sugar-free
- 7 oz Natural Cashew Nuts (previously soaked in water for 6h)
- 7 oz Macaroni or Rigatoni pasta
- 7 oz Portobello Mushroom (sliced)
- 7 oz Shiitake Mushroom (sliced)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 6 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and transfer the contents to a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the soaked cashews, water, onions, garlic, miso paste, nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon juice to a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Warm a medium non-stick saucepan and add the mushrooms. Cook until tender. Set aside.
- Warm a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the paste. When it starts boiling, add the cooked pasta and a bit of water. Stir constantly until everything is warm.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and salt to taste. Enjoy!