Cuisine: Vegan; Gluten-free; Sugar-free
- 7 oz Natural Cashew Nuts (previously soaked in water for 6h)
- 7 oz Macaroni or Rigatoni pasta
- 7 oz Portobello Mushroom (sliced)
- 7 oz Shiitake Mushroom (sliced)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup Onions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Miso Paste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 6 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and transfer the contents to a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the soaked cashews, water, onions, garlic, miso paste, nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon juice to a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Warm a medium non-stick saucepan and add the mushrooms. Cook until tender. Set aside.
- Warm a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the paste. When it starts boiling, add the cooked pasta and a bit of water. Stir constantly until everything is warm.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and salt to taste. Enjoy!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM BOTANICA ORIGINS WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK!