Cashews have so many uses in vegan cuisine that believe it or not you can even make grilled cheese out of it! This vegan version of the classic grilled cheese sandwich is delicious and made with homemade cashew cheese.
Serving: 6 small toasts
- 110g / 4 oz Organic Raw Cashew Nuts (previously soaked in water for 6h)
- 1 cup Fresh Water
- 3 tbsp Organic Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt to taste
- 6 Slices of Your Favorite Bread
- Place all ingredients (except the bread) in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes on high speed, until completely smooth.
- Pour the "cheese" sauce into a non-stick pan and stir with a spatula over low heat until the sauce is thickened and stretchy. Turn off the heat and let it cool a bit.
- Spread the "cheese" sauce on one side of each slice of bread.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a sprinkle of olive oil over medium heat and grill each bread slice until the bottom of the bread is golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!