Easter celebrations are just around the corner, and nothing matches better Easter brunch than a classic Carrot Cake. This plant-based version topped with a dreamy Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting is super moist and delicious, being a perfect option not just for Easter, but for any family gatherings or festivities.
Serving: 1 small cake
PART 1: Cashew Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 cup Natural Cashews (pre-soaked overnight)
- 3 tbsp Cold Butter (or Vegan Butter)
- 8 tbsp Turbinado Sugar
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Agar-Agar Flakes
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp Fresh Water
- Combine all ingredients together (except the butter) in a blender and blend until you have a smooth cream.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and bring it to boil. Once it starts boiling, let it boil for only 30 seconds and then turn off the heat.
- Then transfer to a bowl and chill in the freezer for at least two hours, to allow the cream to thicken.
- Once the cream has thickened, using a food mixer, whip the butter. Then add the cream and beat it until you have a creamy and thick frosting.
- Store it in the fridge.
PART 2: Carrot cake
- 1 cup Carrots (shredded)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Turbinado Sugar
- ½ cup Fresh Water
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the carrots, flour, oil, sugar, water and pumpkin spice.
- When you have a well-combined mixture, add the baking powder and mix it in slowly.
- Grease a 7-inch cake pan and fill the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely on a cooling rack and then slice it in half.
- * To cut your cake in a half, start by gently scoring around the middle of your cake with a knife. Then measure a piece of string around the cake to the right length, leaving enough that you can easily cross the ends of the string over. Place the string into the groove of the scored sponge, cross the ends over and pull.
- Once you have the two even layers, stuff with the Cashew Cream Cheese frosting, and then use the remaining frosting for the top!
IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM BOTANICA ORIGINS WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK!