Candied Nuts are one of the best things to snack on: dangerously simple, crunchy, and also quite a treat. Now, make them with a superfood twist by adding Acai Powder and you've got the perfect combination!
Unbelievably easy to make and completely irresistible, this Candied Nuts recipe is packed with antioxidants and nutrients. You can eat them straight or top over recipes for a crunchy punch.
Serving: 1 Cup
Cuisine: Vegan; Gluten-free
- 1 Cup of your Favorite Nuts (Cashew Nuts, Brazil Nuts, Almonds, Pecans...)
- 1tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Organic Acai Powder
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil (optional)
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Cardamom
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until the sugar is completely melted.
- When the sugar is melted and starts to stick in the pan, turn off the heat and keep stirring until you have a syrup-like coating on the nuts. If necessary, add a teaspoon of coconut oil to prevent nuts from sticking together.
- Pour the nuts onto a parchment paper sheet and allow to cool down for about 15 minutes before eating.